A whole team is involved in the development of the site, in which everyone performs their task. The work is distributed between the development departments, layout designers, copywriters and designers. Let’s talk about the latter. If your goal is a unique website design, then it is best to contact an experienced professional. But if the presence of a standard resource is enough for you, then template design will do. What works best? Let’s figure it out.
Website on a template is called such a site, the design of which was not developed individually for the customer. The template can be selected independently. It is enough to watch a couple of training videos, practice on the “draft” version, and then introduce new knowledge into the creation of template design. Templates are sold in special online stores. But they are also free. It can be slightly corrected and then implemented into the admin panel.
The benefits of template design:
· Low cost. There are a lot of free options on the Internet with which you can create a design yourself based on ready-made examples. Enter your preferences for design. The execution will be simple and unpretentious. The word “free” works in a magical way. However, you need to understand the level of such designs.
· Saving time resource. Many people want everything at once. This option is perfect for those who need a website that is simple and fast. Keep in mind that you won’t get huge sales from a simple website. If you need a resource as a representation of your company, then a few days design development is for you. Large online stores or serious sites will not use this design option. Despite this, the template design of the resource still finds its users.
· See the effectiveness of this design. Using the standard view as an example, you can see how people relate to your site. Should I correct it? Perhaps the presence of a unique design will not increase the number of sales in your particular market segment. If other sites use a regular layout, then it works. Why reinvent the wheel? Use what someone else came up with before you.
· Template design can be a good basis for developing a unique one. You will save time and money for platform development. Take a ready-made one, and an intelligent designer will bring it to mind.
Disadvantages of using ready-made themes.
It may turn out that the disadvantages of the finished version will arise only after the launch of the project. And it is precisely the lack of uniqueness of design that leads to a stupor in development.
· There are no documents for use, or they are incomplete. Developers use special documents to develop unique designs. They should contain plugins and modules that help you install and work with settings correctly.
· Coded elements cannot be changed. Often the standard set of elements cannot be adjusted. Many ready-made themes target specific jobs. Some parts are coded in such a way that they cannot be changed. Modules and plugins can create conflicts in your code.
· Resume templates. Often template authors correct and supplement their work. However, after such updates, certain sections of the site may not work correctly. You need to make sure that your codes are not affected by updates. Back up your design before starting the update. When optimizing, make sure that the template is suitable for updates, and your version will not “fly”. When the innovations are over, correct the site code so that its functionality is not broken.
· Paid and free technical support. However, some authors offer their help in the form of support. Specialists make money on the development of templates, so they do not refuse to answer questions from their clients. If you find a bug, you will have to wait for the author to fix it. In addition, the developer has the right to close the project.
· Exclusivity. Today, in order to stand out from the background of numerous competitors, you need to be original. Business owners who have standard sites will certainly not attract new customers through the world wide web. And this is despite the fact what percentage of people are now solving their problems through the Internet.
What can be said about the original design. A template can also be suitable for a website, but only if it contains all the settings, is optimized for SEO, is made by professionals, is modern and made with high quality. The design should be easy.
A unique design is developed individually for each project, meets the specific needs of the client, following the trends of the modern market.
Advantages of a website with a unique design:
· Originality. This is the main advantage. If you order a design from a specialist, you can be sure that there will definitely not be another such on the Internet. All graphics are completely unique. This will show up in conversions and traffic.
· Individual wishes. When you use a template version, you cannot realize your personal wishes. And if you collaborate with a designer, your ideas about site design will be used. A professional will recommend specific changes based on current suggestions.
· Work of specialists. In an IT firm, design is done by a group of professionals. It is in this case that all stages of creation will be followed. In addition, an SEO specialist will give recommendations on how to arrange graphic elements to achieve high conversions.
Disadvantages that can be encountered in creating a unique design:
· The main disadvantage is the cost. Good design comes with a good price tag. If you are on a budget, you can turn to freelance services. However, in addition to advantages, there may be disadvantages. The decision must be balanced. An IT studio will provide high quality, but you will have to pay a lump sum.
· Temporary resources. If you are willing to wait, then be aware that the process of creating a unique design can take up to a month. Remember that quality work is not done in 1 day.
We examined the advantages and disadvantages of the two design options. The last word is always yours. Based on your expectations from the site design, choose the first or second design method. If your project is large and long-term, then you shouldn’t skimp on creating an individual design.